If you are interested in this job, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on our growth journey
Are you looking for an opportunity to serve a bigger purpose with a growing organization? Are you passionate and dedicated to making a positive impact? Then we have a spot waiting for you. We are seeking an engaging RN or LVN to join our team as a Nurse Care Navigator. As part of the HHM team, you will aide in the collaborative approach to health that aims to improve the health of an entire population by improving health outcomes and reducing health inequities caused by the social determinants.
The Nurse Care Navigator will be engaging people who are not yet patients of HHM Health and connecting them to care, connecting existing patients to care, and assessing and planning options to meet patient’s individual needs. The Nurse Care Navigator is a vital component of building trust with patients, and responding to their needs in a timely and coordinated manner is essential. This includes going out into the community to engage with patients, potential patients, and other community-based organizations to promote HHM Health services. Nurse Care Navigators will also carry out Employee Health related activities and maintain Employee Health files.
Here's a sneak peek at what you'll do:
- Demonstrates and facilitates a working relationship between patients and the clinic
• Provides excellent customer service to patients and employees
• Demonstrates professional behavior with the public, patients and peers at all times
• Demonstrates a high level of understanding of HIPAA and OSHA regulations
• Demonstrates excellent clinic skills including (but not limited to) giving immunizations,
drawing blood, placing TB skin tests, and checking vital signs.
• Works closely and communicates consistently with internal and external staff to ensure
continuity of care
• Assess for Social Determents of Health and refer to HHM care management services as
• Provides patients linkage to external, internal and community resources
• Bridges the gap between clinician and patient by assessing needs and obstacles,
following up with patients, and addressing health literacy, cultural issues, and socialclass barriers
• Develops and maintains lists of community resources as well as details on community
• Assesses needs, developing and implementing the plan of care and evaluating
effectiveness of interventions and other needs
• Conduct chart review to acquire knowledge about patient status as well as past
encounters with other HHM staff and programs
• Provides timely documentation and required reporting for all services provided
• Communicates and educates patients using native language, either in person or via
• Maintain knowledge and expertise in program eligibility, enrollment, and program
specifications of Medicaid, Tricare, Child Health Plan +, Medicare Savings, HHM
Discount and CHIP for Texas
• Understand, interpret and communicate federal, state and eligibility criteria, policies and
• Engages community leaders to foster a collaborative approach to improving community
• Leads Shared Medical Appointments and provides patient education at these
• Provides health education to patients and community members in group and individual
• Builds partnerships with external organizations that can provide services to decrease
barriers to healthcare for HHM Health patients
• Develops and maintains a working knowledge of COVID vaccines and the COVID
• Collects Employee Health Records and assesses what vaccines and/or tests are needed
to complete Employee Health files
• Maintains Employee Health files with respect to confidentiality
• Assist patients of any age, race, creed, gender and disability without bias or prejudice
• Must be able to provide professional, responsive, and positive customer service at all
• Other duties as assigned. May have to travel to HHM Clinics and other locations of
What we offer
HHM Health offers free employee coverage for vision, dental, and life insurance. While medical coverage has a biweekly cost to employees, vision and dental remain low-cost for the entire family. In 2022, we began using Non-Stop Wellness (an MERP) which means that employees have ZERO out-of-pocket- cost for medical coverage, regardless of which tier they choose.
HHM also demonstrates mindfulness around our employee’s future wellbeing and chooses to invest in their futures as they grow within our company. Our 403(b) plans allow savings via pre-tax contributions. Healing Hands matches employee contributions dollar-for-dollar up to 3% and match 50% of the next 2% (so, contribute 5% to get 4% matched).
HHM Health believes that employees should have opportunities to enjoy time away from work to help balance their lives. For this reason, we provide Vacation and Sick Days to all full-time employees. Additionally, since HHM is a non-profit organization, we understand the value of volunteers and the impact that volunteering has on the local community. As a result, we are proud to offer paid Volunteer Days for our full-time employees, in order for them to be able to take time off to volunteer for any non-profit organization without having to use their Vacation Time.
We're battling the Dallas Community's Healthcare Crisis
At HHM Health, our mission is to provide quality healthcare to all its neighbors with love, compassion, and respect. Our vision is to be the best patient-focused health center providing personalized physical, mental, and spiritual care for every individual. We are led by our CARES Values (Compassion, Advocacy, Respect, Excellence, Servant Heart). Together, our patient care teams are providing quality healthcare to the uninsured and underinsured communities in Dallas and surrounding counties.
To learn more about how we’re making a difference, visit us online at www.hhmhealth.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HHM Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. HHM Health hires and promotes based solely on the qualifications of the individual and the essential functions of the job being filled.