If you are interested in this job, please email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on our growth journey
Are you looking for an opportunity to serve a bigger purpose with a growing organization? Are you passionate and dedicated to making a positive impact? Then we have a spot waiting for you. We are seeking an experienced LVN to become apart of our pediatrics clinic.
Here's a sneak peek at what you'll do
- Responsible for monitoring patients’ vital signs, including their blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature, height and weight.
- Direct contact with patients, record and update patient histories, keep track of how they are feeling and monitor their responses to medications and treatments. May apply dressings and bandages.
- Consult with patient’s families about patient’s progress.
- Perform laboratory tests, assist in the delivery of and care for infants, administer medications.
- May assist in maintaining lab control logs and refrigeration logs.
- Perform laboratory functions, prepare patients for examinations, and assist providers with various procedures. Medical Assistant backup and assist with check-in/check-out when needed.
- Administer vaccines/immunizations and wound dressings as directed by provider and document appropriately.
- Task with completing paperwork, insurance forms, referrals, and pre-authorizations, and to inform physicians and RNs accordingly that they may determine the best course of care for a patient.
- Notify patients of lab results after they have been reviewed by the provider, completes follow-up as directed by the provider, and document information in EHR system
- Assists in maintaining medical supplies and equipment, and notify direct management before supplies are ordered.
- Respect and understand the patient’s right to treatment and right to involvement in treatment decisions.
- Practice ethical responsibility based on the cultural, ethnic, and religious beliefs of the patients served and applicable law. Assist patients of any age, race, creed, gender and disability without bias or prejudice.
- Must be a team player with a commitment to patient centered care.
- Notify providers (and direct manager) immediately when problems or incidents occur in the clinic.
- Travel to other HHM locations as requested.
- Will interact both internally and externally with a variety of people, including but not limited to: Executives, leadership and other coworkers, HHM office administrators or assistants, clinic staff; general public including patients and their relatives or support
What you need to succeed
To be a productive member of our team, you will have a pleasant and professional demeanor, self-starter, ability to work independently, strong communication skills and the ability to preserve confidentiality. You will also have the following:
- High school Diploma or equivalent required; Associates’ preferred. Graduation from an accredited school of practical/vocational nursing or equivalent required; current license by TX State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Two (2) years’ clinical experience in a patient care environment required; Community Health Center or similar highly preferred.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English). Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret general publications. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, coworkers, patients and providers. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the community.
- Must possess ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
What we offer
HHM Health offers free employee coverage for vision, dental, and life insurance. While medical coverage has a biweekly cost to employees, vision and dental remain low-cost for the entire family. In 2022, we began using Non-Stop Wellness (an MERP) which means that employees have ZERO out-of-pocket- cost for medical coverage, regardless of which tier they choose.
HHM also demonstrates mindfulness around our employee’s future wellbeing and chooses to invest in their futures as they grow within our company. Our 403(b) plans allow savings via pre-tax contributions. Healing Hands matches employee contributions dollar-for-dollar up to 3% and match 50% of the next 2% (so, contribute 5% to get 4% matched).
HHM Health believes that employees should have opportunities to enjoy time away from work to help balance their lives. For this reason, we provide Vacation and Sick Days to all full-time employees.
Additionally, since HHM is a non-profit organization, we understand the value of volunteers and the impact that volunteering has on the local community. As a result, we are proud to offer paid Volunteer Days for our full-time employees, in order for them to be able to take time off to volunteer for any non-profit organization without having to use their Vacation Time.
We're battling the Dallas Community's Healthcare Crisis
At HHM Health, our mission is to provide quality healthcare to all its neighbors with love, compassion, and respect. Our vision is to be the best patient-focused health center providing personalized physical, mental, and spiritual care for every individual. We are led by our CARES Values (Compassion, Advocacy, Respect, Excellence, Servant Heart). Together, our patient care teams are providing quality healthcare to the uninsured and underinsured communities in Dallas and surrounding counties.
To learn more about how we’re making a difference, visit us online at www.hhmhealth.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HHM Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. HHM Health hires and promotes based solely on the qualifications of the individual and the essential functions of the job being filled.